Photo Credit: Michael Wasend
1. Information You Provide to Us. We receive and store information that you provide on the Website. It is your choice whether to provide us with such information. You may provide us with personal information such as your first and last name, email address, street address, city and state, zip code, company, password, and user name. You may choose to provide credit card and billing information to us through the Website if you set up an online account, make a reservation, request event planning information, or make other arrangements regarding your stay at The Colonnade Hotel Boston.
If you choose not to provide us with certain information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Website, including reserving hotel rooms.
2. Information Collected Automatically and Its Use. We automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you use the Website in the form of cookies. Cookies are files that are set on your computer through your web browser which enable the Website to recognize you. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies. If you configure your web browser to not accept cookies, you may not be able to use certain parts of the Website.
Log file information is automatically reported by your web browser each time you view a web page. When you register with or view the website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type and language, number of clicks, domain names of web sites visited, pages viewed, and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time.
When you use the Website, we may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons), which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of users without collecting any personally identifiable information about you. Clear gif, cookies, and log file information are non-personally identifiable information because such information is not collected or used in such a way that an individual User can be identified, for example, by name or email address.
We may use this non-personally identifiable information to improve the quality and design of the Website and to create new features and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing your preferences and trends. We use non-personally identifiable information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your current or subsequent visits to the Website; (b) monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; (c) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic; (d) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (e) provide custom, personalized content and information; and (f) access your information after you sign in. To perform these functions, non-personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties.
We use the information directly provided by you to reserve your room, respond to you, communicate with you, respond to your customer care issues, billing, and to conduct internal evaluations.
3. Sharing Your Personally Identifiable Information. We do not sell, rent, share, or otherwise disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties for commercial purposes. However, we do utilize third parties to perform functions on our behalf, such as billing, sending e-mail messages, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service, opportunities for new services, and administration. These third parties have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions and are not permitted to use it for other purposes.
In our sole discretion, we may release your personal and non-personally identifiable information when appropriate to comply with the requirements of law or legal process, if required to do so by law, or in the belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law) or respond to a court order, request from law enforcement, subpoena, or search warrant. We may, but are not obligated to, to share collected information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities, including fraud, potential threats to public safety or the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms & Conditions, or as otherwise permitted by law. We also reserve the right to disclose information that we believe is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms & Conditions, take precautions against liability and credit risk, to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, to protect the security or integrity of our Website, and to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of us, our customers or others.
4. Encryption of Information and Security: We attempt to protect the security of information you provide to make reservations and to activate accounts online. The measures we take may not be 100% effective. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personally identifiable information and you provide such information at your own risk.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique user name and password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique user name and password and account information at all times.
5. Information You Can Manage. You may contact us to access your account information and make appropriate changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by logging into your account at the Website.
6. Minors and Children. You must be 21 years old to use the Website and reserve a room with us. If you are under 21, please do not use or access the Website at any time or attempt to reserve a room online. In addition, we do not sell or market, knowingly solicit information from, or sell products or services for purchase to people under 13.
7. Other Sites. The Website contains hyperlinks to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those websites, including without limitation, the use of personally identifiable information about you collected by those websites.
8. International Users. The Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for and directed to users in the United States. Users of this Website from different countries do so at their sole risk.
9. Transfer or Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected, including as part of a merger, acquisition, sale, bankruptcy or other change of control.
11. Opt Out. We may use your information to notify you of important changes to the Website, services, reservations, confirmations, and special offers. If you do not want to receive such notices, send an email message to email@example.com with the word "Opt Out" in the subject field.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, or special offers. If we have provided any third party with your personal information, you will have to contact the third-party directly with any opt-out request.